- Zirkon 5 Light
- Choosing Accessories
- Why Buy Tentipi?
Zirkon is medium-class in Tentipis world but top class in other contexts. This tent is much appreciated by demanding outdoor enthusiasts, nature-lovers and those who seek authenticity and value cosy togetherness around the fire in the centre of the Nordic tipi.
Tentipi Light Weight Tents are best used with an inner. For Zirkon models the comfort inner is the matching choice, the inner and outer ventilation matches up.
If you are looking for high quality at a lower price than what you pay for, say, Safir, Zirkon is the answer since we focus on finding the best materials within this price range. As a result, Zirkon is the perfect combination of low weight and attractive price with international competitiveness regarding performance.
Far better equipped than one would normally expect of a Nordic tipi or tent. For people with a wide range of interests and who appreciate good comfort and easy-to-use products for outdoor living. For people who place high demands on their equipment.
A large air intake with a net is standard. The door has mosquito protection and the patented In-Tent Vent system means its easy to ventilate out smoke and adjust the temperature. Zirkon has many of top-quality Safirs features but has been designed for less extreme yet nevertheless demanding outdoor pursuits.
As used by famous adventurer Dave Cornthwaite on his Hurtigruten sponsored waterbike expedition along the Norwegian coast
Weight with optional inner 6.2kg
Pack size 20 x 56 cm
4-6 people sleeping 8-10 sitting
Non breathable Traillix C Zirkon-light-fabric-popup.png
A carefully chosen and very good standard fabric. Rusty red, light, ripstop-reinforced polyamide fabric, UV-protected and double-sided silicone-coated.
Approximately 53 g/m2.
Special orders from Tentipi Take up to two weeks to arrive with you when in stock in Sweden.
Please call 01978860605 or email us and we can check availability.
Tentipi Zirkon Features
- Exceptional comfort and homeliness
- Erected in 3 minutes
- Standing headroom
- Excellent materials
- Class-leading storm resistance
- Use with open fire or stove
- Use on its own or with any model of floor or inner tent
- Door: double zips and integrated mosquito net
- Ground tensioners: strong straps fitted with metal peg rings; attached to tent panels via broad fabric webs to reduce stress points; adaptable for use on snow; acetal buckle on “light” Nordic tipis and with metal buckle on “cp” models
- Ready for use with floor or inner tent via adjustable floor tensioners
- Hanging loop for drying
- Ventilator cap: patented, advanced In-Tent Vent™ system; double piece with six opening points, controllable from Inside the tent; integrated chimney opening; mosquito net in upper part; tighter seal thanks to fibreglass rods
- Larger smoke/ventilation opening at the top
- Mosquito net ceiling: allows good ventilation while protecting against mosquitos, even without an inner tent
- Storm cords: with reflecting threads woven into the cords; pre-tied and fitted with holders
- Advanced compression bag for tighter packing
- Enhanced floor fitting with toggle and ring arrangement
- Reinforced edging for better wear resistance around bottom edge of tent
- Many fastenings for attaching accessories and tensioning the inner tent better
- Patented, integrated porch sleeve for a better-fitting and more stylish porch (accessory)
- One large, rain-protected, mosquito-netted air intakes at bottom edge of tent for optimal ventilation on hot days and the best possible smoke control
We highly recommend buying a Tentipi Inner with any Light weight model, we always use one, even in hot dry weather. As the outer fabric does not breathe you can get a lot of condensation even with the superb Tentipi ventilation systems. Pete & Lesley
|No floor/Inner||Humid when hot, damp when cold|
|Comfort Floor||Standard floor zip options|
|Pro Floor||Super Tough, more zip options|
|Base Inner||Top vent only, no floor zips|
|Comfort inner||Two Vents, Floor Zips, Matches Zirkon|
|Pro Inner||Four vents, Floor Zips, Matches Safir|
|Small Firebox||Small and light|
|Large Firebox||Small and light|
|Frontier for 5||Narrower flue, lighter stove.|
|Gstove if available||Stainless steel, lots of accessories available|
|Tentipi Eldfell||Too big for a 5!|
|Canopy 6 CP (stock item)||Shelters door area and some space outside. Can be used separately as a 1 person bivvy shelter.|
|Canopy 6 light (to order)||Shelters door area and some space outside. Can be used separately as a 1 person bivvy shelter.|