Fabric name: Parameta® S
Fabric name: Parameta® SWhat it does: Parameta® S is a reversible, asymmetrical, wicking fabric that directs water to one face and captures still air in the other, so it can be used to cool you down or warm you up as you choose, in response to the temperature, your level of activity and your own physiology.
* Specially constructed fabric so that water concentrates naturally in one face of the fabric only the smooth face.
* As a result, it can provide protection from wind-blown mist and drizzle and recovers fast from immersion.
* Offers excellent temperature control and comfort you can react to different temperature and activity levels depending on the way out you wear it.
* You need only one garment to fulfil the role of two offering both value for money and less to carry or wear.
Hot Parameta image
In The Warm
1. Skin surface
2. Smooth, water-attracting face of the fabric worn next to the skin holds water next to the skin to cool the body
3. Fleecy face of Parameta® S
Cold Parameta image
In the cold1. Skin surface
2. Fleecy face of the reversible fabric worn next to the skin captures air between fabric and skin, and pushes water away from the skin, in order to warm the body
3. Smooth water-attracting face of Parameta® S draws water to the outer layer away from the skin
Fabric name: Nikwax Analogy Waterproof
Waterproof introWhat it does: The Nikwax Analogy® Pump Liner mimics the action of animal fur pushing liquid water outwards to protect you from rain, condensation and perspiration, while protecting your insulation. This is combined with a Directional microfibre outer to deflect wind and rain.
Key Benefits* Two layer construction traps still air giving superior insulation to keep you warm.
* Outer layer provides Directional water-repellency while the Pump Liner actively pushes liquid moisture away from the body keeping you dry from precipitation, perspiration and condensation.
* Continues to work just as effectively even in high humidity or very cold conditions.
* Water-repellency can be easily renewed for the lifetime of the garment with Nikwax Aftercare.
* The fabric is soft, strong, silent and durable.
How it works:
How it works text
2. Parameta® S is shown here worn next to the skin, drawing water away to keep you dry.
3. Nikwax Analogy Pump Liner pumps water away from the body.
4. Closely woven microfibre outer provides windproofing and Nikwax durable water-repellency. Air is trapped between Pump Liner and outer to give insulation.
5. Wind and rain is deflected away from the body while perspiration and condensation as liquid water or water vapour can escape.