- Product Info
Popularized by the celebrity chef Nigella Lawson the 10" Prospector Pan features double handles for easy handling with gloves. It also takes up less space making it ideal for transferring from the hob to oven and to the dinner table. Riveted on with a press from the 1930's your handles are not going to come loose.
You're going to love your Netherton foundry pan but to keep it working at its best for years to come here is a few top tips.
- Always cook your food from room temperature, not only will your food taste better its good for your pan.
- Heat the pan up slowly. If you are using induction or a high powered cooking system warm the pan before going to full power. NEVER use on a ring that is too small for the pan.
- Never drop a pan in to cold water. Although extremely satisfying that sizzling sound is the sound that will be buckling your pan.
- Oil your food not your pan. Your Netherton foundry pan is non stick it doesn't need oil but if you need oil on your food for flavour apply it directly to your food.
- Never wash your pan with washing up liquid, hot water and a metal scouring pad is fine, your pan is tough it can take it.
- Season your pan with a very thin layer of Flax Oil. Netherton Foundry's Flax oil is sorced from sussex and works really well but other oils are perfectly acceptable, just be weary of cheaper oils has they use a different strain which doesn't work.
Manufacturers Product Number NFS-200